Custom Search

Monday, April 20, 2015

New Established Positions

I established some new call positions and picked up some shares in a small company trying to leverage the transition into electronic cigarettes and vaporizers. The company I'm referring to is Vapor Corp (VPCO). I'm not a smoker, but at my place of business, I have seen a large amount of regular smokers now choosing to use electronic cigarettes or vaporizers, so why not invest in what you see? In the options world, I'm feeling bullish on a few areas based on earnings season and large swings in pricing, so picked up some weekly and monthly call options. The first two are highly speculative and are pure volatility plays and I'm looking for large movements over a very short period of time.

Netflix (NFLX) April 24th $630.00 calls. Earnings were released April 15th.

SPDR S&P 500 ETF (SPY) April 24th $213.00 calls.

ULTA Salon (ULTA) June 19th $170.00 calls. Earnings scheduled for May 28th.

No comments: