Custom Search

Thursday, January 03, 2013

Trading Futures

I've ventured into the world of futures. In November, I started trading the e-mini's indexes, gold, and crude. I've been learning alot, but some of my lessons have come with a hefty price tag. I've focused mainly on trading the afterhours market and pre-market hype (I have a typical 9 to 5 job) to see if there is any advantage. Things learned so far.....slippage and over-trading have cut into profits and if not kept in check can easily cut into capital. I need to be less hyper aggressive (a.k.a. focused) and look for larger movements rather than just scalping a few ticks here and there. I've tried a few scalping methods, but I just end up bank rolling my broker with execution and trade fees and little profit on my end. Good trading to all in 2013....Regards Justin

No comments: